Thursday, September 15, 2011

Well-Fed and Happy








So the last couple days I have been experiencing some great food that Spain has to offer. I had one of the best meals of my life at a restaurant called "Botin". It is the oldest restaurant in the world still running, founded in 1725. I took many pictures of the night. My friends and I all had different things to eat but the majority of us had the suckling pig. It was so amazing. It was by far the best pork I had ever had. I was a little upset that they didn't give you the whole pig but it was worth every single cent. The appetizers that we had were croquettes, iberica ham with melon and I had some chicken consomme. It was divine. We, of course, ordered two pitchers of sangria. The night was so much fun, as we walked around Plaza Mayor and all around Sol. The Museo de Jamon (Ham museum) is a greatr place where you can get the best ham in the world. Not only does the ham taste amazing, but all the legs hang from the ceiling. I had a ham sandwich (un bocadillo) for only 1 euro. (That was yesterday) We also ate at a little tapas place where we had these amazing little sandwiches that were only 1 euro as well. We got a deal with 6 for 6 euro. They had shrimp, smoked salmon, calamari, anchovies, monkfish and another that I can't remember. I love the food here so much. I just have to eat out every so often because it is definitely expensive. I am heading off to Segovia tomorrow for the day so I will let you know how that goes, and include pictures!
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment