Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Prodigal Luke Has Arrived

Well, here I am. This post is coming from my living room in my apartment on Hilarion Eslava, Madrid, Spain. (I was set to have one more post from the airport, before I left, but I got to lazy to transport it and I am too busy) After many hours of travel, and very few hours of sleep, I arrived in Sunny Madrid on Monday 10 AM. We stayed one night in a hotel called the Husa Princesa. It was a very nice, four-star hotel. We were given a four course meal, featuring an appetizer with some kind of cracker/spread with some roe on top, grilled vegetables, one of the best porkchops w/gravy I have ever had, and my personal favorite was the dessert. It was a raspberry ice cream in a waffle cone type setting. It was so good. The first night we went out, after all, we needed to experiment with our new-found freedom of purchasing alcohol/going to bars. The lack of air conditioning in these apartments is not the most fun but at night it is absolutely gorgeous. The days are roughly mid-90's and the nights are in the 60's/high 50's. So about my apartment..It is gorgeous. The place is huge. We have a very large and open living room/dining room. The kitchen and bathrooms (2) are small and the bedrooms are medium sized. I am in one room with another guy from the engineering program, who actually goes to Bowdoin. Small world. Also, the best part about the apartment is the balcony terrace. It is large, sunny and so cool. We can hang out out there and look all around the nearby buildings. Sorry I don't have any pictures up, but they will be on their way I promise! As for people on my program, they are all very nice and I have made some good friends so far. I am loving everything about this place and I will let you know more as the day goes.
Love from Spain,
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment