Wednesday, September 28, 2011

GOLLLLLLLLLL




I am sitting on my couch, looking out my window to the first overcast day I have seen since I have been here. It is pretty funy because just this morning I was saying how it hasn't rained in almost 4 weeks. Hopefully it won't actually rain. Last night was my first experience with going to a professional soccer game. It was AMAZING. Real Madrid played Ajax and trounced them in a 3-0 victory. We sat up near the top row (maybe 6 rows down), behind the goal and they were amazing seats for the price of the tickets. We could see everything that happened on the field. We were behind Ajax's goal for the first half and it was great because Real scored twice during the first half. Of course, Ronaldo scored the first goal of the night. The whole crowd was so much more animated than any sporting event in the US I am sure. People were yelling and chanting and hugging each other and going insane. (We were amongst 85,000 other fans) We stayed the entire time, leaving in the 91st minute. We just beat the rush of everybody leaving the stadium, walked up the street with the crowd and rode a very crowded metro back to our part of town. Although it was a little pricey, I might have to go to another game because it was one of the coolest things that I have done/been to.
In other news, I have already booked 2 big trips for the semester. For fall break, I am going to London with Sam for 4 days and then for the weekend that I come back from London, I am going to France with Sam and some people from her program. Another trip that I am planning (haven't bought tickets yet) is that a couple friends from my program and I are going to Portugal for a weekend to hang out and run a half marathon. I might need to start training for that..oh well. I will be fine.
Also, for clarification purposes, it might seem like all we do here is go out drinking and partying. Not true. We do go out many many nights, however, here is the thing. Drinking is not what I am here to do. It wastes way to much money where I could be traveling or eating. We look for free places to go and don't waste money on drinks. Just thought I would let everybody know. This weekend I am going to Valencia for 2 days with my program. It is going to be very exciting and we can hopefully have some beach time. Finally!
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment