Sunday, September 11, 2011

Almost One Week Down

So I have been here almost a week and already experienced more than I thought I would. I am so tired because every night we have been coming home at roughly 4:30 or so. It's awesome. I went to an amazing DJ concert at a club called the Sala Heineken, a seven-story club with a different club on every floor called Kapital (I got in for free), a couple of bars and last night we met with Sam and her friends and went to a couple of small clubs/bars. I am having such an amazing time. There are definitely many things about Spain that are so much different than in the states.
1. Hardly any refrigeration-one of my least favorite things. I like cold water. Why don't Spanish people?
2. Light switches-Usually little tan square panels on the OUTSIDE of the room. Kind of annoying.
3. People don't work here-The siestas are two hours of everything closed, Saturdays they are open half the day, Sunday most things are closed all day and every now and then they have "holidays" where it is just a day to not work.
4. Everything is expensive-Don't they know I am a broke college student? My secret way around the system=My friends live in a residence hall with other college students and they have a free meal plan. I just eat there for free (all the staff think I go there now because I am there so much)
5. Spanish girls all dress so much nicer. (No offense to American girls) They all wear nice dresses and put themselves together well. It is quite nice.
6. Driving-They are pretty aggressive. I have been nudged by maybe 3 different cars.
7. Meals- Weird times and I feel like I am always hungry. I usually don't have much breakfast (apple or yogurt) depending on when I wake up, lunch at 2 and dinner at 9.
8. Washing clothes-Little baby washers and no dryers. You have to hang everything.
9. Metro-Really easy to use but can be very dirty. Closes at 1:30, usually ends in taxi ride home. (Always split the cost!)
10. Spanish people-Aren't as rude as you would think. We have only received very nice help.
This is just a short list right now but if I think up anything else, I will definitely let everybody know. I will also have pictures up eventually (I swear!) Time to go grab a quick bite to eat.
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment