Thursday, September 22, 2011

One and Done

I successfully completed my first full week of classes. (I love how a "full week" is only four days) I am currently sitting in my apartment, just waiting for my night to start. I, in a not-so-smart decision/accidently, took a four hour nap today. Needless to say, I had to rush around the last couple of hours getting everything in order. I had to go to the store, eat, shower and put more minutes on my phone. Sam is coming here tonight and so I have to wait for her to the metro stop near me so I can pick her up. It is pretty hard trying to coordinate a visit when you have no minutes on your phone. (No way to contact each other). Luckily, it is all figured out and she is on her way here right now. So my first week of class was very uneventful. All of my classes are very interesting and the only homework assignment that I had was to write a summary and opinion paragraph for an article from a Spanish news website. (My article was about a painter). I have some interesting stories about last night. We decided to go to a cave bar, where we drank one of the strangest things I have ever had. It was called "Panter's milk". Sounds scary, right? It was. Some kind of liquid starts pouring into our mug from a stalactite while the bartender mixes in at least 5 other liquors, milk and cinnamon. It wasn't all that bad. We each shared a glass because there was a lot in them. After that, we ventured down to Sol to go to a place called El Tigre. This bar is a go-to spot because with any drink you order, they give you a monster plate of tapas. It is so worth it. However, we took a different way to get to the bar so we accidently ended up going through the street that just HAPPENS to be famous for its..prostitutes. They were everywhere and all kinds of aggressive. While walking through I had one of these girls grab me by the collar and tries to coerce me into spending my precious time doing things of the unspeakable nature. Obviously, I had to get out of there ASAP. I pulled away and kept moving until we were far from Prostitute Lane. Other than being accosted by a streetwalker, my night was quite fun. (Also, when I got home I definitely washed my hands repeatedly. You never know.) Tomorrow I am going on a field trip to Franco's old home and it should be very interesting. Also, this weekend I am going to Toledo with Sam and her two friends from school. I am very excited to check out the city where Sam lives because I heard it is so beautiful. It should be a great next couple of days. I will post some pictures and tell you all about it.
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment