Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Break is over

Well I will start out with the very upsetting news..Friday morning Sam and I were supposed to leave for London. It was a very early flight and we ended up missing our flight. The alarm didn't go off on my phone and by the time I woke up, it was too late. What made it even worse was that there were no other flights for the rest of the weekend. My roommate also missed his flight and ended up paying $400 for another one. There was no chance that I was going to do that. It was very unfortunate and we were both very very upset about missing the trip. We did our best to salvage the weekend and turned it into a relaxation fest. We spent most of the break laying around watching tv shows and eating out for a couple of meals. It was very nice. Also, it turns out that her friends are going to London later and my friends are going to London later too so we should be able to go after all.
Midterms went well. I studied a lot harder than I thought I would but I am sure that it is going to pay off. Hopefully we will get our tests back this week and we can see how we all did. This break was very nice. We had no class from Friday until Wednesday. They cancelled class on Monday because there was a national holiday on Tuesday and it would mess up our break if we had Monday class. Last night was Halloween and the whole day leading up to it did not feel like the holiday at all. Spain doesn't really worry too much about Halloween, yet they do like to dress up and go to the clubs for big Halloween parties. That is what we did too. We only thought to dress up at the last minute so we ended up wearing togas made from sheets. It was a great idea. Everybody loved it. We had a lot of fun and stayed out until 4. Today I am relaxing and working on homework. This weekend I am going to Paris and I am not making the mistake of missing an alarm. I believe that we are sleeping in the airport..We will see. I can't wait to travel outside of the country, especially because I missed this last opportunity. We will see how everything works out.
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment