Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in Spain



So I will be attempting to write two blog posts today. One of the posts (this one) is about our Thanksgiving dinner/night in Spain and the other one is about this past weekend in Granada. Last Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, our program sponsored a dinner for us at a local restaurant. Funny enough, the restaurant was Tony Roma's. We all got pretty dressed up because it was "Thanksgiving" and made our way downtown. One of the very few American restaurants in Madrid. We each had a plate of appetizers that consisted of a chicken wing, chicken tender, crispy wontons, jalapeno popper and a mozzarella stick (along with honey mustard and ranch). I don't like ranch but I was very excited to have honey mustard again. It was awesome. Then we had the choice between salad or smoked salmon. (I had the salmon and it was delicious) We then had our actual Thanksgiving style course with turkey covered with a kind of bbq sauce that wasn't half bad. For dessert I had a brownie covered with ice cream and chocolate sauce. By the end, we were so full. It definitely wasn't the best Thanksgiving meal I have ever had, because my mom makes the best in the world, but it was enough to tide me over until I get home for Christmas. After the dinner we decided that we would go to a bar and do something a little American to keep up with tradition so we found a bar nearby and ordered a couple buckets of beers. We hung out for a while at the bar, talking a lot about how good the food would be back home and how we are all excited to get back there. It was a fun night.
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment