Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life in Italy







So I have made it here more than a week and everything is still just as awesome as when I first arrived. Better maybe. The rest of the weekend went by very fast but it was still a lot of fun. On Saturday we went to a local bar, near our apartment with a good group of people before coming back to our place to hang out for a bit. We actually ended up playing risk until morning. Kind of lame, but a lot of fun. Sunday night was really cool because we went to a bar with a bunch of people from our program in order to watch the big soccer game. (AC Milan and Inter Milan) Inter Milan ended up winning the game. Some people were happy, some people definitely were not. Monday was my first day of class at the IES center. Our class has only 5 people in it, but it looks like it is going to be good. It is a little fast-paced for my level at this moment, especially because I only had Spanish for a whole semester, but I like the challenge and I will be fine. Our class is two hours long with a ten-minute break. During our break, we go across the street to a little cafe and buy either a sandwich or a cappuccino. I tried my first Italian cappuccino the other day and with (a lot) of sugar, it wasn't too bad. Since then we have just been going to class, hanging out here, planning trips (already bought a ticket to Belgium for March and this weekend we are taking a train to Verona) and eating all kinds of good food. I have had so many sandwiches and pieces of pizza. Those places are everywhere. Yesterday I went on a long adventure through the freezing cold for about four hours. I walked down through a couple of outside markets, went downtown to do a little bit of shopping, got a kebab and then came back home. I saw a lot of the city and had a good time just walking around. Today we are going to plan more trips and maybe go to a bar to watch another game. Be back after Verona!
(I put up some pictures of the apartment. I love our place. It is pretty big and really nice. Three bedroom, kitchen, 2 bathroom and large common room in the middle)
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment