Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Game Time




This title refers to two things-the first being el clásico, and the second is that it is finals week. It is time to buckle down and crank out all of these papers and a whole lot of studying. I already had one final on Friday. This week's schedule is that I have one final on Monday, two finals on Tuesday and one final on Thursday. My Wednesday is free. I have three papers due this week as well. I have two papers due on Tuesday and one on Thursday. I am trying hard to focus on getting through this week so that way I can come home. I only have 6 days left in Spain and it is hard to try and enjoy them with this cloud of homework residing above all. However, we have definitely tried to find some time to get out and enjoy the last couple of weeks here. We went out a couple of times the past couple of weekends. This Thursday was one of the most fun nights I think that we have had here in a while. A bunch of us went to an apartment and hung out for a while before going out to a club for the night. We were there dancing (and even ended doing karaoke for a while) until the morning. Then we walked for a while in order to get a slice of pizza and rode the morning metro home. It was so awesome. Last night was another great night. El clásico (the soccer game between Real Madrid and Barcelona, the biggest game in all of Spain, if not the world) was last night and so a bunch of us went to a bar downtown in order to watch the game with many other rowdy fans. Half the game we spent in a huge crowd, crunching together every time a waiter had to walk through and the other half we were standing comfortably in a back room. It was quite hilarious because right next to us were these two middle-aged spanish men that were clearly good friends, but on both sides of the game. Everytime anything happened they just jabbed each other with insults and jokes. It was one of the funniest conversations I have ever heard. 95% of the bar were Madrid fans but the other 5% of us went crazy every time Barca scored and it was even better when they ended up winning. Other than that, I just have to focus on getting work done so I can come home and be with all of my family and friends. I am so excited and a little ready too.
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment